Supporting young people to develop 21st century skills
Our mission is to support young people who want to deepen their engagement with the arts, build creative and leadership skills and achieve a national qualification.
The awarding body responsible for Arts Award is Trinity College London. In England, Arts Award is managed by Trinity in association with Arts Council England and 10 regional Bridge organisations drive participation.
Since its launch in 2005, the award has grown quickly and is now flourishing in arts centres, colleges and schools, community projects, libraries, galleries, local authorities, theatres, youth clubs and youth justice settings.
Arts Award’s principles
- to offer learning and qualifications which support individual creative development in any setting
- to place young people at the heart of the Arts Award process
- to increase young people’s experience and understanding of arts practitioners and cultural organisations
- to embrace new art forms and technologies
- to reach the widest possible range of young people