41 Super Curricular Competitions that you may want to enter
- Bank Of England Target Two Point Zero (in conjunction with The Times)
- The Marshall Society (Cambridge University Economic Society) essay/article competition
- Young Economist of the Year (Royal Economic Society) 16-18 years
- Christopher Tower Poetry Competition (run by Christchurch College Oxford). 16-18 year olds
- Fitzwilliam College Cambridge Annual Essay Competition (different subject each year)
- Royal Commonwealth essay competition (under 18)
- Connell Guides Essay Prize (open to all sixth formers)
- Classics and Ancient History essay competition (run by St John’s College Oxford). Open to year 12 students.
- Young Geographer of the Year (Royal Geographical society) 16-18 years
- St Hilda’s (Oxford) History Essay Prize. Open to Year 12 students
- Girton College (Cambridge) Humanities Writing Competition for lower sixth form students
- Hans Woyda Maths Competition
- National Cipher Challenge (organised by University of Southampton).
- UKMT Maths Challenge
- French Film Competition (Oxford University). Open to students in years 10-13.
- Guardian Student Media awards
- London School of Journalism creative writing competition
- The Wellcome Trust Science writing Prize in conjunction with The Guardian and The Observer.
- Edgar Jones Philosophy Essay Competition (St Peter’s College Oxford) open to year 12 students.
- Lloyd Davis Philosophy Prize (run by Oriel College Oxford). Year 12 students
- C3L6 competition (Cambridge Chemistry Challenge)
- Royal Society of Chemistry, Bill Bryson Prize
- Royal Society of Chemistry Analyst Competition (first year sixth formers studying chemistry)
- Royal Society of Chemistry Top of the Bench competition
- RSC Chemistry Olympiad
- Schools Science Prize (Biochemistry and chemistry). Run by Corpus Christi College Oxford. Open to year 11 and 12 students
- British Biology Olympiad run by the Society of Biology.
- Cascades Of Particle Physics (run by Birmingham University for A ‘level and GCSE students)
- British Science Association Crest award
- National Science and engineering competition: UK scientist of the year and UK engineer of the year. (11-18 year olds).
- The Big Science Challenge (11-16 year olds) with Rolls Royce & the British Council
- UK Space Design Competition (years 9-13)
- Annual Sixth Form Medical Writing Prize – run by Elite Academic Medical
- Psychology AS Level Essay Competition. (University of Cambridge Department of Social and Developmental Psychology)
- Schools Debating Competition (various locations)
- ESC Schools Mace competition (debating).
- International Competition for Young Debaters (under 15)
- DHL innovation award
- Benedictus: a liberal arts college offers a competition for 16-19 year olds. You can write on any subject but must connect to their forum theme